9/10/22 – Page under construction. Information on this page may not be up to date.
- All massage treatments, information, & records will be kept confidential & securely stored for use only by your massage therapist. You must provide written consent prior to any disclosure or sharing of your personal & clinical information with any third party.
- Privacy will be assured, and you have the right to undress only to your comfort level & according to the requirements of the treatment. Removal of undergarments is optional, & draping will be used by the therapist as required to expose only parts of the body that require treatment.
- Massage therapy is provided for stress reduction, relaxation, relief from muscular tension, & improvement of circulation & energy flow, & that results may not be guaranteed.
- Feedback is essential during your treatment, & if you experience pain or unusual discomfort during the session, it is your responsibility to inform the therapist so that pressure/strokes can be adjusted to your level of comfort.
- Massage therapy may produce side effects such as muscle soreness, mild bruising, & increased awareness of areas of pain.
- Services offered by your massage therapist are not a substitute for medical care, & any verbal discussions of general conditions are meant only to suggest options for you to discuss with my physician. Your therapist is not qualified to perform spinal or skeletal adjustments, extractions, diagnose, prescribe, or treat physical or mental illness.
- It is important that you inform your therapist of all known medical conditions, injuries, & medications. It is your responsibility to inform your therapist of any changes in your health & medical condition. There shall be no liability on the therapist’s part should you forget to do so.
- Clients are expected to demonstrate good hygiene & not use illegal drugs or alcohol before the session (the use of drugs & alcohol make it unsafe to receive massage).
- Massage is entirely therapeutic & non-sexual in nature & sexual harassment is not tolerated. ANY sexually suggestive remarks, jokes, nicknames, or advances made by the client will result in immediate termination of the session, & the client will be responsible for full payment of the scheduled appointment prior to leaving the premises.
COVID-19 and Other Contagious Illnesses
- If you have suspicion or confirmation that you have anything contagious (such as the cold or flu, COVID-19, stomach virus, poison ivy, or skin rash), please reschedule your appointment in order to protect your therapist & any other clients entering the treatment area.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or anyone you have had contact with, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 30 days.
- We ask that you reschedule your appointment if you or anyone you have had contact with have had any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as outlined by the CDC, within the last 30 days: shortness of breath, dry cough, fever, loss of taste/smell, unexplained rash, cold/flu-like symptoms.
- Clients will use personal protective equipment (PPE) deemed necessary, as mandated by Federal and/or local authorities or the massage therapist, in order to safely receive bodywork or energywork.
- Clients are to immediately notify the massge therapist if they, or anyone they come in contact with, tests positive for or begins to experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 30 days of their massage therapy appointment. This information is crucial to help protect your massage therapist and all other clients under care.
- Close contact with people increases risk of infection from COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- If you are ill and present to your appointment with signs of illness, you will be turned away and held financially responsible for full payment of your session. (See updated cancellation policy below)
Scheduling & Cancellation Policies
- Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, the cancellation policy has been modified to offer greater flexibility to all clients. If you need to reschedule, for whatever reason, especially if you are feeling unwell, please contact your therapist as soon as possible to reschedule. There will be no penalties for cancelling prior to your appointment. (Please consider: Your appointment time is reserved just for you. A late cancellation or missed visit leaves a gap in the therapists day that could have been filled, which is why it is important to notify your therapist as soon as possible.)
- If you miss an appointment (no call-no show) when you need to change or cancel your appointment, you will still be held financially responsible for the full amount of your appointment.
- If arriving for your appointment, you decline to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) required by Federal/local authorities or requested by your therapist, your session will not be allowed to continue. In this case, you will financially responsible for full payment of my session, as knowledge of this policy will be confirmed prior to your appointment.
- You are responsible to arrive for your appointments on time & your therapist is under no obligation to extend your therapy session. You will still be held financially responsible to pay for the full time you have booked with the therapist if you are late & your treatment time is cut short.
- Payment is due at the time of service.
Gift cards, gift certificates, & massage packages are not redeemable for cash & are non-refundable.